From a 2005 National Association of Realtors® survey
- 77% of people view homes first on the Internet.
- 75% of buyers who searched on the Internet went on to view or drive by the homes.
From a 1999 Proctor & Gamble survey
- When deciding to view a house, 78% of objective elements are generally pre-determined before viewing: they are location and size – both things are outside of a seller’s control.
- Elements that create 72% of the first impression inside the home are within the control of the seller – well-trained staging consultants know how to show these to their best advantage.
From a 2003 Home Gain Survey of 2,000 real estate salespeople
- Moderately priced home improvements, ranging from $800 - $2800, made in preparation for sale, yielded the highest returns when a house was sold.
From a 2004 survey by Joy Valentine – Coldwell Banker Broker on 2772 homes in 8 cities
- Homes that were staged sold in 13.8 days.
- Homes that were not staged sold in 30.9 days.
- The staged homes realized on average a 6.4% increase over the list price.
From Dewey Sadka, Colour Expert
- 40% of paint sold is as a result of incorrect color choice.
From the 2005 and 2006 Maritz Research staging polls
- 58% of buyers made a decision to buy after seeing 10 properties – effective staging keeps your house on the list of must-see properties.
- 79% of sellers are willing to spend up to $5,000 to get their house ready for sale – working with the right staging consultant maximizes your return on investment.
- 63% of buyers were willing to pay more money for a house that is move in ready.
- 86% of those surveyed said storage space is important to potential buyers – effective staging maximizes space and spaciousness.
- Top three interior features for selling were freshly painted walls, organized storage space and current flooring – effective staging will address all three.
- 52% of buyers said the kitchen had the most significant impact on their purchasing decision.
- 79% of buyers indicated they would be willing to pay a premium for a home with an updated kitchen.
- Men (41%) are more likely to place a premium on updated décor than women (30%).
Yeah, the last one suprised me to!
Now you have the facts. Contact Styling Spaces today for a quote to make your space a better place!